Veterinarian needed for well-established practice started in 1975; AAHA accredited since 1990. Situated between Chicago and Milwaukee, about an hour (50 miles) from each.
Suburban area with shopping, dining, and entertainment with forest preserves, lakes and much to do outdoors as well.
We are a paperless general practice targeting small animal including dogs, cats and a few exotics. With dental radiology and therapy laser. Closed on Sundays and holidays; no after hour emergencies.
We are looking for a colleague with:
- A strong work ethic with a focus on patients and clients
- An energetic, engaging, positive attitude that brings easy collaboration and teamwork with colleagues
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking, willing to share ideas for process improvement
- A willingness to mentor co-workers
- General surgery skills
- The ability to examine, diagnose, treat and/or research diseases and injuries of animals
- The responsibility to practice preventive medicine putting wellness plans in place including advising clients about general care, medical conditions and treatments for their pets with a caring, empathetic manner
- The knowledge of, or ability to learn, Cornerstone Software with an IDEXX in-house lab
- The capability to operate medical equipment, such as x-ray machines including dental radiographs
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule including the option for occasional four-day weekends
- Continuing education
- Dues for AVMA, ISVMA, CVMA
- PLIT liability insurance and license defense
Location/Region: Alden, IL (60001)