We are immediately seeking Product Application Specialists (PAS) on the Workplace Excellence Team. This position is responsible for supporting sales as the technical and creative design expert. Responsibilities include programming, space utilization and space planning, workstation design, furniture selection, fabric and finish selection, creating deliverables and presenting designs. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should be self-motivated and driven to seek new opportunities and applications for designs. This position requires a people oriented person that is dedicated to accuracy. Ideal candidate also need to be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, manage multiple workloads, and prioritize.
- Understand and create effective, accurate design
- Take detailed notes at meetings to gain a clear understanding of all the requirements for the projects
- Demonstrates interest in developing design knowledge for healthcare applications and environments
- Create unique, interesting ergonomic and functional designs to give our clients a unique and positive experience
- Research and learn every aspect of the project
- Support fellow designers and operations staff
- Create 2D & 3D & Z-Axis rendered drawings
- Create clear and easy to understand installation plans for our clients and installers to use
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have excellent follow-up and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Works well in a fast paced work environment
- Adapts easily to changing requirements in a growing industry
- Can work independently and within small groups
- Confident, independent decision-maker
- Additional duties required as needed
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associates Degree with several years of experience will be considered
- Experience creating complete drawing sets
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design is preferred and beneficial but not required
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs; Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
This job description provides information about the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. An employee may be required to perform duties outside of normal responsibilities from time to time and at any time, as needed.
G/M provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, G/M complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
G|M Business Interiors needs your help to transform the workplaces of Southern California! At G|M, our central purpose is to increase employee engagement by designing and planning workspaces that produce a happier, healthier and higher performing culture in the workplace! We represent over 250 furniture manufacturers to develop a unique furniture application that transforms our client's workspace into a strategic business tool for success. Our team works with all vertical markets including but not limited to; healthcare, government, K-12, higher education, and private enterprise. We are looking for passionate and caring individuals to join our team. Would you like to be a part of a team that examines the relationships between people, what they do, and how they work, to produce exciting and dynamic spaces? Would you like to be part of a progressive company that fosters growth in each employee by implementing a proprietary training program that will ensure you reach you career goals no matter how ambitious? If so, please apply today!