Category Building Services - 8071 JOB SUMMARY
: Performs general, routine, preventative maintenance, and servicing operations throughout the hospital facility and area as directed. QUALIFICATIONS
: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires the ability to read and write well enough to follow specific instructions, as well as the ability to use independent judgment, which is normally acquired through high school education.
- Repairs and maintains in accordance to diagrams, sketches, and operation manuals, machinery and mechanical equipment using hand tools, power tools and testing equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and gather operation related information to locate causes of trouble.
- Repairs, assembles, and installs equipment and parts in attempt to solve problems.
- Replaces defective parts to ensure proper functioning of equipment.
- Monitors the functioning of equipment.
- Repairs and maintains electrical appliance, removes and replaces defective outlets and minor wiring.
- Reports all emergency situations to the Operations Supervisor or Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Follow all Patients First Behaviors, AIDET, and customer service training provided.
- Temperament- ability to perform a variety of changing duties, to get along with maintenance personnel, nurses, patients, and other employees.
- Must be able to communicate information clearly in conversation and written form.
: Requires 1 year of trade school or complete working knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, electrical systems, as well as carpentry skills, which is normally acquired after 1-3 years’ experience. Mandatory Annual Continuing Education: Customer Service, Fire and Safety, Confidentiality-HIPAA, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance. Annual Unit Specific Competencies, and all education required by regulatory, accreditation bodies and/or Hancock Regional Hospital.
Internal ID: 2337221
About this company
Hancock Health is an Indiana-based, full-service healthcare network serving Hancock County and the surrounding areas. Our health system includes Hancock Regional Hospital, Hancock Physician Network and more than 20 other healthcare facilities, such as wellness centers, women’s clinics, family practices, and the Sue Ann Wortman Cancer Center.
Location/Region: Greenfield, IN